A bit about you:
As a seasoned B2B sales marketer and tactical strategist, you have the acumen and track record to build impactful brands and rapidly grow product awareness. You already have a tool box of B2B marketing solutions that can ignite leads, facilitate sellers in warming leads, and provide powerful positioning to close business in a competitive marketplace, effectively positioning products for key industries and client prospects. You have a proven track-record in serving as a key stakeholder and partner to sales in generating new business for a truly global marketplace is required. Knowledge of language learning and digital platforms is a big advantage, as is an understanding of the business landscape in regions in fast economic development.
You will join Chatterbox as the first marketer in our team, and will be responsible for our B2B marketplace positioning and marketing communications for our language learning platform for professionals. You will be responsible for effectively conveying the Chatterbox story to the broader business marketplace, leveraging our unique market position, social purpose, and unmatched learning experience, and translating our sales value proposition into impactful marketing collateral, presentations, scripts, thought-leadership vehicles, and other communication sales drivers. A seasoned partner to sales leadership, you are a strategic thinker, highly motivated, and energetic, capable of juggling multiple projects, while responding to timely ad hoc requests for key sales opportunities.
This hands-on role will enable you to:
- Serve as a member of Chatterbox’s leadership team, providing a marketing perspective for overall company initiatives, including product, client programs, sales initiatives, and key business objectives and result targets
- Align our sales value proposition with all marketing communications and vehicles to create optimal impact in the marketplace and sales process
- Champion Chatterbox’s unique purpose and important social impact, positioning the alignment of corporate responsibility with business needs and the opportunity to simultaneously change lives
- Create and roll-out regular cadence of effective sales marketing materials, including general presentations, custom client proposals, website enhancements, videos, white papers, newsletters, etc.
- Create and continuously enhance marketing toolbox for sellers and account managers to utilize in the sales and renewal process
- Provide custom presentations, in partnership with individual sellers, in response to formal client RFPs
- Leverage client and learner successes, as well as overall program analysis insights by industry to strengthen sales positioning
- Become a language learning marketplace expert, understanding the competitive set, and positioning Chatterbox as a leader in the space
- Develop innovative ideas for sellers’ ‘quiet time’ messaging to prospects, including regular insights reports
- Partner with sales on the changing needs for key tenants of messaging, pitching, marketing materials and presentations
- Keep abreast of important industry news and happenings by core regions and share with leadership and internal stakeholders
- Work with leadership to develop PR strategies for Chatterbox and for partnerships with key clients, draft press releases, and distribute to industry media - building a proprietary media contact list in the process
- Craft communications for product releases, program enhancements, and milestone achievements for marketing purposes and sales use
- Oversee creation of all necessary videos, managing freelancers from concept through creation
- Develop Chatterbox’s social media strategy and manage all aspects of execution
- Provide differentiated Chatterbox positioning and marketing materials to help launch new industries and regions, partnering with sales leadership to prioritize and ignite with sellers
- Keep all company’s marketing platforms and accounts updated, including website, LinkedIn, Google, social media accounts, etc.
- Collaborate with key clients to showcase program success and create case studies
- Elevate Chatterbox’s exposure across industries, through conferences and events, identifying speaking and participation opportunities for self and company leaders
- Maximize marketing budget to deliver the optimal tools, resources, and materials to the sales team
Essential skills & experiences include:
- Previous B2B marketing experience with global or multi-region emphasis
- Proven track record of developing strategic and creative marketing programs and communications to reach senior business executives, generating and warming qualified leads
- The know-how to build a bespoke toolbox of marketing resources to meet our business and sales objectives
- True and deep experience of how to navigate the B2B landscape across a variety of regions, and industries
- Confidence to run and build a key company department, collaborating with leadership team
- Ability to quickly learn a new industry and utilize skills to make quick and significant impact
- Exceptional business and creative writer with strong verbal communication skills
- Savvy communicator with proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to get things done
- Self-starter, motivated, and team-oriented
- Driven by partner success and business growth
- Hands-on experience utilizing technology and analytics platforms
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Awareness of and appreciation for cross-cultural understanding and the importance language plays in connecting the world - strong understanding of language learning space preferred
- Passion for corporate social responsibility and desire to champion its cause in the context of business development
- Experience launching new digital platforms or products highly desired
A bit about us:
The world of work is changing, and Chatterbox is at the forefront of imagining what the future looks like. We are building technology that connects talented yet overlooked workers with opportunities in the digital economy, and brings innovative companies closer to diverse pools of talent.
Our first product is an AI-powered, multi-award winning online language learning platform that allows marginalised people in need of work to teach their native languages. Businesses use our proprietary technology, enhanced by live, inspiring human coaching, to drive faster success in their learning programmes and to connect with our unique talent community.
Our startup has already sparked interest from the likes of the Guardian and the BBC, as well as backing from leading investors in Europe and Silicon Valley. This is a rare opportunity to work in a high-growth, VC-backed startup with global social impact embedded at its core - supporting an incredibly talented yet marginalised community who inspire and motivate our team every day.
Other than a competitive salary, we're proud to support our team members with:
We're a VC-backed startup looking to produce systemic change by unlocking talent in marginalised communities. We’re supported by some of the best early stage partners in the world, including startup studios All Turtles, Founders Factory, and GMG Ventures. They will become a part of your team too.
The Chatterbox founders first started working together between the sandy beaches of Lisbon and the cityscapes of London. Today, we’re a global and remote-first company with an office in both tech hubs. You can choose to work from either of our offices in Lisbon or London, or 100% remotely from anywhere in the world - whatever suits you best, as long as you’re functional in GMT.
We’ve always worked remotely so know a thing or two about how to build thriving working relationships and a close-knit company culture remotely, currently across 5 countries. For those who like in-person events, we have quarterly team retreats, co-working and socials in London/Lisbon, and a ‘Chatterbox House’ in each city to host members of our team overnight if they would like to visit.
“The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads. That sucks.” Joining us, you will be working on a social problem that genuinely matters; the global opportunity gap that causes talented people from marginalised backgrounds to become long-term unemployed. As an early stage startup, your work with us will have an even bigger impact on the future of our company and movement.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Because you can't be superwoman or superman without the right cape and boots. We offer magical quarterly team retreats, an annual personal learning budget, and the opportunity to invest in your own success with EMI-qualifying share options in Chatterbox. Oh, and unlimited free language learning (naturally 😉).
Some important stuff we would like you to know:
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied.
We’re also usually hiring several roles at once - if you recommend someone who lands any of our paid roles we can offer you a reward of £250 to thank you for adding another valuable member to our family. You can also sign up to hear about future roles on this career site.