Chatterbox Language Coach - English
We usually respond within three days
Your talent is valued by Chatterbox.
Our easy to use and flexible language learning and work platform have the potential to radically and permanently tip the scales towards global economic equality.
Before applying, check your eligibility
You suffer from economic exclusion and/or disadvantages while looking for work.
- Parents returning to work after a career break
- People aged 50+
- Refugees and Asylum seekers (with the right work)
If you fall into any of these situations, get in touch if you are ...
- a native English speaker
- educated to degree level or have relevant professional experience (doesn’t need to be in teaching!)
- a great motivator with strong interpersonal skills
- a good communicator with strong verbal, written and reading skills
- passionate about other cultures and languages
- open-minded about learning new skills
🖥 TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
While you don’t need to be tech-savvy to work at Chatterbox, there are a few requirements to work as a language coach:
- A computer or a laptop with a working web camera
- A quiet, non-distracting space with good lighting
- A fast and reliable internet connection (minimum 3 Mbps upload, 8 Mbps download). Test your speed here.
Your progress and rates
Our language coach job doesn’t require candidates to have a degree as a certified educator or any kind of experience in teaching.
🌱 Onboarding and beyond!
Your first step in becoming a Chatterbox Coach will be completing your Coach orientation - this is fully online and self-paced. As part of the onboarding you'll receive guidance on how to use our systems, use the materials we provide to facilitate your online sessions with your learners and how to effectively use the tools available to you during these. At the end of your online Coach orientation, when you feel ready and confident, you'll then be invited to complete a final task - this is a live 30 minute Coach simulation, and you'll be paid according to our regular onboarding hourly rate (£8.50).
🌳 Chatterbox Professional Coach
When you are confident and achieve a great performance, you will progress and move to coach our corporate clients. Your rate will also increase (between £10.00 - £13.12 depending on your location, performance and tenure with Chatterbox).
🌎Joining the Coach Platform
You will be joining our internal coach community with other coaches from all around the world. Chatterbox coaches work on a freelance basis, according to when learners book them.
Our Coach online onboarding
- 👩🏻💻 APPLY- Complete a 15-minute online application. If you meet all of the requirements above, we will invite you to take a 3-hour online Coach orientation
- Complete a final task live coaching simulation and receive feedback on your performance.
- 👨🏽🏫 START - Begin working with learners from around the world!
All of my students are nice, young people trying to learn and change their life the better, it’s motivational.“
- Carmen, Spanish coach
“Working with Chatterbox is a great experience and opportunity to be known as a teacher. It gave me an entry point into the UK’s education system.”
– Eric, French coach
“There are many benefits of being with Chatterbox as it helps working in a high level by putting forward one of the skills I have which is the French language. It has been a great way to connect with people from different backgrounds, sharing experiences and also to keep my French skills by practising with customers.
- Ne Kunda, French coach
THIS POSITION COULD BE FOR YOU...
- if you are seeking rewarding and flexible work that works around your schedule
- if you are thinking about retraining or gaining new skills to re-enter the workforce.
- if you are seeking meaningful connections with a community of people of all ages and from around the world.
- if you are looking for a sense of purpose that work can provide and want to be part of a company that truly values your years of professional and personal experience.
Watch this video about Mursal Hedayat, the CEO of Chatterbox, speaking to Francine Lacqua about Chatterbox's growth ambitions.
- London, Remote
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Workplace & Culture
The Chatterbox team and founders work remotely, mostly around the sandy beaches of Lisbon and the cityscapes of London. We’re supported by some of the best investors in the world; like AI Startup Studio All Turtles and Founders Factory. They will become part of your team too.
Chatterbox's AI-powered platform matches refugees and marginalised people in need of work with opportunities in the digital economy. We’ve won recognition from Forbes, the Financial Times, the BBC, and many more.
Chatterbox Language Coach - English
Loading application form
Already working at Chatterbox?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.