Being a Language Coach at Chatterbox means you will be able to teach your native language to learners all around the world! You can do it from whatever part of the world you are based in and adapt it to your available hours.
Coaching with Chatterbox does not require any previous experience, since we provide all the necessary training. This is hourly paid work with rates based on the Living Wage, adjusted globally. As you progress on the platform, your rate also increases.
Chatterbox was born to empower refugees to reenter the world of work. However, we are growing each day and we want to use our power to impact other communities. Therefore, we are expanding our employment opportunities to people who have faced disadvantages while looking for work, for a reason outside of their control. If you are a part of this community, don't hesitate and apply. We are looking forward to seeing you in action!
What are the requirements?
You can apply to our job offers if you are a French native speaker who suffers from economic exclusion and/or disadvantages while looking for work. This is if you are unable to compete fairly for jobs, due to one or more of the following situation:
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Migrants and ethnic minorities
- People with disability
- Single parents
- Survivors of human trafficking
- Formerly incarcerated persons
- People aged 50+
If you do not fall into any of these situations but feel some form of exclusion from the labour market for a reason outside of your control, we invite you to apply and explain your situation in your application.
Additionally, you must have strong verbal, written and reading skills. Since all classes happen online, it is also necessary to have a computer and a stable internet connection. Also, you should have a good level of spoken English and be educated at a degree level or have relevant professional experience.
How is our recruitment process?
We have developed an easy and recruitment and training process especially focused on your own needs:
- Complete our application form here.
- If you meet all of the requirements above, you will be put through our Training Course. You can complete it in your own time and pace.
- When you finish, you will be asked to submit 3 short videos (1-minute long) as a response to specific scenarios.
- If you're successful, you will onboard our Training Room - you will create your profile and start coaching our individual students as a Trainee Coach. You will be paid according to our Trainee Hourly Rate (£8.50) and receive constant feedback on your performance.
- When you are confident and achieve a great performance, you will progress to a Chatterbox Professional Coach and move to coach our corporate clients. Your rate will also increase (max. £10.30).
What do our coaches say?
“Working with Chatterbox is a great experience and opportunity to be known as a teacher. It gave me an entry point into the UK’s education system.” – Eric Anzi
“There are many benefits of being with Chatterbox as it helps working in a high level by putting forward one of the skills I have which is the French language. It has been a great way to connect with people from different backgrounds, sharing experiences and also to keep my French skills by practising with customers.” - Ne Kunda Nlaba
Here is a short video about our journey as a company and our Chatterbox Community.
You can also check some of the recognitions we received by Forbes and the BBC.